Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Back to the projects

Our "froggy" house guest has left to go tramping in the Tassie bush and watch the Ashes Test in Adelaide for the next two weeks, so I've got my now very neat and clean work space back. He did come offering gifts though, so I didn't mind too much. I received a beautiful Taschen book on Picasso, the 25th anniversary edition. The "blue period" paintings are so vivid and atmospheric. Feeling inspired to paint blue art again. I painted two mostly blue paintings last year, which was about sea animals. One has sea lions....



.... and the other one is a turtle portrait.

All in all, I'm quite happy with those. I'll put them on the walls when we move to the house in Brisbane next year.


Onto what's currently on the drawing board:

1) Recently finished a mostly green painting featuring two children running through a grassy clearing playing with a kite. I'll post this photo on a future post soon as I get a decent shot of it.

2) Laid down the 2nd layer on the large oil painting of the grubby bub

3) In the middle of painting the acrylic series of three "little lass" pieces

4) Still in the middle of handquilting the baby rug

Still plenty to keep me busy! Also got myself a sewing machine (new projects, yay!) which I can now take out of the box and make more mess with.

Must think of new subjects for the next set of paintings!

No comments: