Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Illustration Friday - Red

Is she well-RED or well-read? I was against colouring the girl, but because of this week's theme I relented. She ended up with red hair and a red dress.

Also this other piece needed to come out of me today. I was about to sit down and do another layer on the little kid pieces, when there was just no inspiration to continue. Instead I was seeing the shape of coriander leaves in my mind. So I shelved the other canvasses for a while and started on this newbie. Number six (#3, #4 and #5, I'll get back to them later) on the summer studio challenge "Reaching for the light", acrylic, ink and paper on 5"x7" canvass board.

Edit: Had to replace the previous photo of the above piece with this one. Too much battle between the actual painting and the bright blue background.

2 comments:

studio lolo said...

Very nice art Jade! The little girl is dazzling in all the surrounding redness, and I love that you have flowers reaching for the light. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

i like them both! i have slides of the art in the exhibit but no photos. i do have photos of other art, i'll have to post some..thanks for asking!!