Monday, February 26, 2007

Patchy patchy

First the quarter blocks......just to test out if I like the look.



After discarding two other quarter block combinations (they're in the scrap box), I've settled on the ones above.

Now, when I picked out this quilt pattern I thought, hey this is simple....no sweat, easy peasy. Not quite so! The devil, I soon found out, was in the cutting. The background fabric had to be cut so that the grain was in a certain direction, and then there's all of those round edges.


Result is everything and I mean every piece has been cut individually. I haven't figured out a way to cut a pile of the pieces in one hit, yet. If you have a suggestion, please let me know.



Fortunately, the first complete block is a pretty as I thought it would be. It might actually be worth all the fuss. One down, eleven more to go!

One last thing, I've added a block count-off or count-down on the sidebar, just so you know how near (or far) I am to finishing this quilt top. Such is the hold this project has on me right now. Once I committed to the blogosphere on this here quilt, I have to carry on. I'll show you the quilt again once its finished, hopefully before winter starts.

1 comment:

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely things you have here!!