Thursday, February 14, 2008

Go ahead, make my day

Because I feel the pull of the blog.....and because I feel the need, like ice cream on a hot day, like freshly roasted coffee in the morning, like the lure of a fabric shop, ahem, any day.

And when I received this beautiful swappage from Nicolette the other day, wowee, did it really make my day! She made the bub this cute fishy softie......


And I got this huge, and I mean HUGE, lot of fabric and bias trims. I do believe that the bar has been raised higher yet again with this wonderful package from Nicolette.


These are my faves. Tulips, dutch boys and dutch girls..........


dotty snails, ladybugs and butterflies.......


and this beautiful pre-quilted panel, that looks like an Oilily print. I love these vivid colours!


But wait, there's more! Orange flavoured dark chocolate, an avalanche of lollies, stickers and felt flowers.


It's going to be very difficult to top this package, Nicolette. Thank you, thank you very much!

Then just when I think I've had enough excitement for the day, on my front step lands this lovely package from Fiona. I had been lamenting earlier about having depleted my stash of those key-rings.


She thoughtfully came to my rescue and sent some my way, along with some colourful zips and felt shapes. Thank you, thank you very much, my dear!

And if you thought that wasn't enough, I'm now going to go linky on you and nominate the other bloggy peeps I'm bestowing the "You Make My Day" award. First of all, snap to Kate, Jhoanna, Di and Sue, because everything they create is so beautiful and inspiring. I'm always oggling and thinking I want to make something like that, too.

Last, but not the least I'm also tapping Beki, Anna, Louise, Cathy and Tamara......because they're just the nicest ladies and their blogs are always chock-full of inspiration. Whenever I see a new post in these blogs on bloglines, I'm always surfing over there for a look-see.

Anyhow, I gotta get back to my trusty crochet hook and finish this project, otherwise there won't be anything to show this weekend.

Cheerio!

10 comments:

Tamara said...

Thanks Jade. I have that feeling too when I click onto bloglines and my favourites have posted.

It really does make your day!

Bianca said...

oh my .. look at all that Dutch goodness... soooo jealous ;) you deserve it, I'll get my stash in April when I go to Holland...

Cosy said...

Getting things in the mail are the best, especially from such lovely people!

dutchcomfort said...

I’m glad I made you happy because you made me very happy the other day with your wonderful package! I hope to find you some real Oilily fabric some day!! Have fun with all the gifts!!

Di said...

How much wonderful stuff can be contained in just one package! It is beautiful! I love the fish and the fabric - and can you ever go wrong with chocolate and sweets!!

Sue said...

Oh thank you so much Jade for the nomination. I love seeing what you make each week too. You got thoroughly spoilt too, lucky you!

Louise said...

Wow thanks Jade. You know I just saw that you had posted on bloglines and did a little 'ooh yay Jade's posted'!! What a fantastic swap package - the fabric is just gorgeous and we just got the fishy pattern for Lucinda to make. Isn't Fi a little gem!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, thanks Jade -- you're a sweetie -- you KNOW I do the same thing with my bloglines! What a fab package from Nicolette -- you two are awesome!

Kate said...

Thanks Jade! I love to see what you have been making.

Cathy said...

thanks so much Jade for that little bit of encouragement that someone actually reads my blog.

I just know what you mean when I see that one of my favourites has posted - it helps make my day.

PS. I miss all your posting. Once a week isn't enough!!! Hint Hint!

thanks for the lovely award - I tag you too!