Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally some sun

Just when I thought we were headed for some summer heat, the temps dived down and sent me running towards my coats which I fortunately still haven't boxed. That was three days ago. Blah!

But the skies have cleared up and here we are beaching.......and watching the watercraft. The harbour's quite busy when a breeze is blowing. The sailboats are out in fleets.


The kid had her first ride on a ferry this morning. She couldn't stop giggling and sticking her face in the breeze. Methinks we'll be doing more ferry trips this summer.


Also, I've been persevering. There's actually a few unfinished projects milling around. This stitchy thing is one of them. Not an original design, nope. I copied the bunny from a fabric print which I'll be tacking this onto soon.


As soon as I stop procrastinating which pattern to use for a summer frock. The frock is for the kiddo. I've been seeing a lot of cute dresses in the shops, but everytime I look at the tag, I think to myself I can make this. But of course, finding time is another matter. Gah!


Good thing the aussie dollar is so tragic at the moment, I'm actually saving some dosh. Or is it a bad thing? I think I just bought my last etsy purchase this morning but not before I figured out it would've been cheaper to get it local. Just as well my local doesn't stock it. I should be using up my stash anyway. The geezer keeps eyeing it up. I secretly suspect he wants to flog it on ebay.

Anyway, enough whingeing. Time to start enjoying the sun.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! Cheerio!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my - that is so cute!
I think we are all trying to save dosh at the minute. I really need to stop getting tempted by the devil that is the fabric lure and use up my stash too. Maybe making a whole load of quilts to keep me warm - it's FREEZING here!!!

dutchcomfort said...

Very cute stitched little bunny Mrs. Gheezer! And very cute little kid on plaid!
Strange thing he, the US dollar is rising and our currencies are falling. Not a good thing... for the fabrics I mean... and of course for our economies!

Louise said...

I saw it was only 15 deg there the other day and couldn't believe it. Love the pretty hat - must get Daphne a new one. Nice to see some more of your beautiful embroidery Jade. xx

Anonymous said...

i recognize that rabbit. it's from one of the very first pieces of fabric you bought from me. i think. happy stash sewing!

Christie said...

beautiful embroidery, can't wait to see what it becomes!

ps boo to the aussie dollar!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I would love to be this crafty - I think if I had a daughter I would be more in to this type of craft. Beautiful photos - so precious.

Jodie said...

Gorgeous little bunny stitchy thingy Jade looking forward to seeing what you make with it...
Hope you enjoyed the sun and the beach..

Take Care
Jodie :)

Kristine said...

That bunny is just divine Jade. Can't wait to see the finished article.

~ Kim ~ said...

She looks really happy. Love the hat. The fabric looks really nice. It's going to look so lovely once it's done I'm sure. The slump in our dollar has also stopped me in my tracks, for this month anyway. My stash wants more friends.

Corrie said...

oh camille is looking so big and cute!!! and your stitching is lovely.....

I keep spending but tend to buy more in australia online now rather than o/s as it makes sense...I even spoiled myself with some hamanaka crochet hooks since a set from the states was going to set me back $80...ouch!

Corrie:)

Thimbleanna said...

Thanks for the peek at the ever adorable Bub! Looks like you're enjoying some spring weather. Love the little bunny -- can't wait to see it on a Bub-Frock!!!

Melin said...

What beautiful stitching!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just realised you haven't been posting so much lately - me neither! Hope all is good in your neck of the woods x

Thimbleanna said...

Jade! Where oh where are you??? I MISS you! You're probably enjoying REAL life. I hope all is well with you and hubby and the sweet little bub!

Kellie said...

I was just thinking about you ... are you OK? I miss you!

dutchcomfort said...

Hi Jade, I hope everything is fine with you and your family!

Enjoying real life, like me?! LOL!

Hugs

DarLie*~ said...

I love that bunny. Is he boxing? and O, tell me about procrastinating. I cant believe I took the time to be born. I could have just have easily been born at age 3, the way I put things off. Ughhhhh!
smiles
DarLy