Sunday, April 08, 2007

Gratuitous cute

This is meant to be a craft blog! So what are photos of the bub plastered over here again? Well, for one thing I've been meaning to take a photo of this lovely hand knitted cardigan that my sister's boyfriend's mum (I'm sure there's an official word for this familial relationship) made when the bub was still a floating blob inside me.



I can't knit for nuts. My one and only attempt resulted in a rather wonky and fugly swatch of a scarf....a swarf? So, any hand knitted gifts coming our way are very, very appreciated. It definitely fits her now and just in time for the cooler weather.

Also, I must offer my apologies for the infrequent posts. I do mean to visit with a new crafty story at least four times a week, but I'm finding my hands full nowadays with general busyness over the still hobbling husband, the newly crawling bub and the keeping of the home. Fortunately, the geezer can now place some weight on the plaster casted ankle, so he's been able to do more of his own thing around the flat.

Craftwise has been of the boring sort lately. I had this old duvet cover that had seen me moving out of my parent's house through my twenties up until now. I didn't even notice that I've been carting around it with me through various residences in my mispent youth. Anyway, its made of the nicest cotton percale and very smooth, soft...I couldn't bear to put it in the rubbish. So I've cut it up and one side will make up the back of the monza quilt.

Bonus! The colour even compliments the Freshcut fabric on the front!


I've also been sewing up the hems of a few of the bub's trousers to be let out when she gets taller....like I said, boring. And I also unpicked these felt flowers from one of the said trousers. Why? Its easier to pair unembellished tan trousers with every single colour top in her wardrobe.

Oh yeah! I'm also reading this new acquisition. I received some Borders vouchers recently and they've been burning a hole in my wallet.


For a bit of fun, I added a circular piece of yellow felt, some french knots and attached one of the felt flowers to the base of a small baby-size clip. Ta da!............Hmmm, can't really see it from this angle. But, trust me. Its cute!



8 comments:

Corrie said...

oh what a gorgeous bub you have there! love the cardy! knitting takes a bit of practice...I like to call myself an advanced beginner! I'm after that sew U book....so you'd recommend it?????

Corrie:)

Anonymous said...

Cute bub.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet bub and cardi :) That felt flower hairclip is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hello... thanks for dropping by our blog!... yes it is nice to discover NSW crafty bloggers who hang out in Kinokuniya! Your little one is a cutie!

kristin said...

yeah...but when cute is this good...well, you just HAVE to show it off!! :)

Sarah said...

I’d just like to say I’ve been looking at your blog for a while now and wanted to let you know how much I like it. It’s even got me to start up my own:
http://sarahquilter.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Oh my goodness, you have the most darling baby I have ever seen!!

Anonymous said...

how lovely of your sister's boyfriend's mother (hey my brain cells are still there!) to knit that cardigan. she must be a totally adoring when seeing it on your daughter. xxx tash at poppyseeds