Tuesday, September 04, 2007

From my mum's stash

And into mine....yippee! I just had to rescue these piles from my mum's garage.


The bottom three are all garment suiting weight....two Kenzo stripes and a lovely navy wool stripe (don't know what kind), but the weathered old tag says its from Pudsey in Yorkshire. She showed me some mohair wools and tweeds that she couldn't bear to part with yet.....but I'll give her another year with those. I'm kiiiidddding! My mum has at least three times the stash I have! And a lot of it hasn't seen the light of day in the last ten years.


The bub and I spent the weekend with my mum deep in the burbs of Sydney while the geezer went on a work junket to some flash resort in the Hunter Valley. Lucky us! We squired my mum to a christening on Saturday and the bub got cuddles-and-hugs from lots of old aunties.....cronies of my mum's who we only see once a year. Fun partying aside, I feel like I've done my social duty for this year! *smirk*

In return, she and the bub kept each other company while I went out to dinner with my girlfriends.....the first in months! Thank you, mum!


There has been a lot of linen laundering.....very tedious! The large lot that I got last week needs three rounds of washing and line-drying to get it soft and drapey.....according to the helpful shopboys. And who am I to argue? I'm up to the third wash on all the light colours, haven't even started on that traffic light red yet. Bah!


But there has been some sewing....or should I say stitching. Blame it on Jude! Her embroidery projects have inspired me into using up some scrap linen and bright floss. It's turning out cute, but I need to trek out to hunt for some dark thread before I can finish it. (The craft book is available here)

Cheerio all! Hope you're all having a good week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm loving your little embroidery.
How nice getting to raid your Mum's stash too :O)
Enjoy your week Jade :O)
Melx

Di said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! I love all the fabric that you got from your mum and your embroidery is adorable!! I love it!!

Corrie said...

what a nice weekend you had!!!!! I love your stitching! I was just thinking today I better get cracking for the baby showers I'm going too!

Corrie:)

Kirsty said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hi. What magnificent stitchery!!!

Louise said...

I should raid my mum's stash too - I'm sure she has no idea what she's got after all these years. I love the embroidery which is what I am about to go and do myself!

Thimbleanna said...

OhMyGosh Jade -- that little embroidery is adorable! And fun to see one of your smocks over at LuLuLollyLegs -- too cute!

dutchcomfort said...

Did your mother learn you to sew and stitch? How wonderful your mother has a stash of fabrics! I love the embroidery.