Monday, January 05, 2009

Bingeing

Would you believe it?! Within a week of my last visit here I finished three projects! Wot!!! Methinks it had something to do with a crafty mini bootcamp we had a few days ago. I was so feeling left out of the monthly blogmeets that I invited Belinda (with her sister Nicole) and Claudine to pop over for a day of fabric play.....and the opportunity to finish off some projects sans geezer. (I kicked the husband out for half a day)

What a great day it was! Ladies, we need another one of those please.


I finished the little scarflette above for the kiddo. It's a super quick project! Just half a ball of yarn. The pattern is from this craft book. I finished it off with a velvet ribbon for tying around the neck. The winter wardrobe collecting is starting early.

And the other fabric creation is what I ended up tacking that bunny stitchy thing to. Remember the boxing bunny? I put it on the yoke of this wee summer dress.


I added the bunny with a bit of needle-turned applique. (We're a bit old-school on the applique technique around here) And it's come up a treat! I used some natural coloured Italian linen for the yoke and the boxing bunnies dotty print fabric that I got from Leslie when she opened up her shop ages ago. That is one of the prettiest fabrics I've ever come across!


I finished the back with my favourite loop closures. The pattern actually called for a zip, but buttons are a lot sweeter for little girls' frocks.


And here's a view of the full dress. I'll get a snap of the little tike wearing it one of these days. She's gone to sleep now. The pattern is from another japanese craft book.


It's my most current favourite.......of all the bits of clothing I've made for her, this one is definitely tops.

I've pretty much used up all of that cute bunny print fabric now. Wah! If I want to make anything else out of it, I'm going to have to wait until she's outgrown the dress to cut it up. That is, of course, if I get the courage to cut it up. Maybe not.

Oh well! I always say, if you want the best results, use up the good stuff.

Cheerio!

PS. Ooooh yeah! Project number three is a quick quilt top....with sadly no photos to show. But I'll save that post for when its finished and bound.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

omg omg omg omg - that dress is the kind of dress you remember when you're all grown up and thinking back on fave things from being small. It's amazing!!!

dutchcomfort said...

Happy New Year Jade!!

The dress is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.!!!

Can’t wait to see more crafty stuff!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh. How. Cute!!! And I fully agree with Katy -- that's a dress to be remembered. Love the crafty little cowl too -- you're back with a vengeance!!!

Di said...

Hello! Happy New Year! I love the little dress - so cute! And the scarf....I really wish I knew how to crochet!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the dress........sounds like a good day sewing with friends.......

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow. Such a perfect dress! And the scarf is to beautiful.

Happy new year!

Sue said...

Crafting is always good for the soul. The scarflette is adorable. The dress is absolutely precious. You cant cut it up afterwards, what happens if in future years you have a granddaugther and your little girl wants her to know how wonderful it is to wear the dress. I love the bunny attached to it too.

Cathy said...

Hi Jade, so gorgeous - I love that dress - I can see why it is your favourite.

Good to see you back doing a little sewing - I miss having you around! How was Melbourne?

Kate said...

That is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh I had a great time, Jade! Definitely should do it again :) The scarf and the dress are gorgeous! The bunny print looks fantastic paired up with the linen. I haven't started on A's dress yet, soon. Thinking of using buttons instead of zippers too.

Tamara said...

Oh it is beautiful Jade...of course. Your sewing always seems so perfect and finished with such lovely detail. You are right that fabric is so lovely; little girly put not fussy.

Louise said...

Oh Jade, that is just the sweetest dress and it looks beautifully made (of course!). And the scarf - I want one!!! Well done on being so fabulously productive!

Corrie said...

sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Jade,

Happy New Year to you all.

It's so fabulous to see you sewing for the little one again, you make her the most adorable clothes.

The little crochet collar scarf is perfect with it too.

~ Kim ~ said...

Beautiful dress. I love the style and those dots. Wow. Wish there was one for me! Can't wait to see the quilt. I am itching to make one of my own. Catchup with friends sounds like fun. Good for the soul, you know.

mamaofsugarpies said...

I LOVE all of your beautiful & unique creations...I nominated you for the Lemonade Award. See my blog for details if you would like to participate!

Unknown said...

WoW! what a lovely dress and great blog... Will come back soon.

RheLynn said...

Beautiful dress and agreed a VERY lovely fabric!