Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Growth spurt

The kid has been needing trousers lately. What with this growth spurt, she's turning into quite the weed.

I had been a neglectful mummy and ignoring the ankle view she had been showing me from the last lot of trouser sewing I did.....until I saw how shabby she looked next to her friends at child care last week. Good thing this easter long weekend shindig. I really got stuck into revving up the machines.


I even chose a new trouser pattern from this superb japanese craft book. This one has pockets and a slight boot leg.


And here's trouser number two (same pattern) being road tested this morning while we were at the park.



Both trousers were transformed from japanese fabrics from my stash. The pros of having a decent sized stash being I didn't have to step out of my craft room for this session. (Not even for some notions) I think the first one was from Reprodepot and the second is from Leslie's etsy shop.

Hope everyone's having a good week.

Cheerio!