Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Rounded or pointy?


Yesterday the bub and I went out on a well-deserved trip to hunt out some fabric and notions for a few presents-in-the-making. My local patchwork shop is very traditional in their fabric design choices. I needed to find the contemporary stuff further afield.

I've been wanting to check out this place for a while now since they normally blog about new stuff that has just come into the shop....and here's me drooling over the images of fabric they post. I have to say, they have a very good eye for colourful and cute prints! And of course, I couldn't walk away empty handed. (Photo above of new acquisitions...with some Superbuzzy stuff mixed in the pile) Whew! I'll have to pat myself on the back for my restraint. I could've done some serious damage in there.

Next stop is embroidery floss to finish this!


My second pincushion made out of tweeds.......which I was hunched over 1am last night, hell-bent on finishing the stitching. Those squiggly things are meant to be four-leaf clovers. Oh well! Its the idea that counts. This is part of mum's birthday present.

Then, off we went to our next stop to get zippers and d-rings for my sister's bag. My sleep is still being plagued with images of how to construct this bag.....gusset or no gusset.....zips or ties......rounded or pointy corners? Unfortunately, its still a work in progress, 'coz I didn't find any d-rings.......unless I rip some out one of my old belts. Now there's an idea!


If I can't work on this bag today, I'll just have to cut and piece some more of my monza quilt.

2 comments:

picklesticks said...

Thanks for your comment. Its so exciting when someone enjoys my blog. I love the fabric you have on this post, so cute! The drawings you have for that bag look impressive. I will have to come back to see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the link, glad you like the fabrics :) Sarah