Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Knitter hacker

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm keeping this blog real and show you the trial that is this cardigan. This may be the cardigan that never will.

The pattern was from this Knit Simple issue. Of course they left out the collar till the on-line errata. Months later.


To be fair, I did finish the dang thing Sunday night......weelll into the night. I tried it on, in the humid heat and it looked several kinds of daggy awful. The collar was attached on the wrong edge, as I figured out a bit later on. The buttons were too small, they kept popping out of the humungous button holes.

And it just didn't sit right around the waist area. The shoulders and sleeves were good, so it wasn't the tension. Maybe I need a new waist?


Hacked into it, I did. Removed the buttons and the collar. Now I'm going to rest this project awhile until I find bigger buttons and get to grips with failure. He he he!

Anyhow, I'll start another winter cardi for the kiddo. Sucker for punishment? Yep, that's me.


While I'm here, anyone want to take this Interweave Knits Weekend mag off my hands. I stupidly bought two by mistake.

Cheerio, bloggy peeps! Hope your week is good!

PS. Thank you for your kind words about the kiddo's top!

PPS. Sorry for the delay....I blame the day job. Lesley, the magazine is yours! Please send me your snail mail addy to jade(dot)ghenzer(at)gmail(dot)com.

3 comments:

Leisurely Lesley said...

How do I take that magazine off your hands? I have wanted to check that mag out for ages. Let me know the arrangements. Hope being first in means I will be the lucky recipient.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, don't you hate it when you spend all that time and the results just aren't what you want? The knitting sure looks pretty though, and I love the color!

thea said...

fabulous colour and jumper ;)