Friday, May 11, 2007

Not another smock

I was gearing up to cut up some fabric for another smock, when I thought "oh, sod it! give it a break now". She's got enough winter clothes and I'm sure some of them might not even get a wear, she grows like a weed.


So I cut into my most treasured Echino birdy canvas to make a tote, since I lost my dotty one last Friday. I've been hoarding this fabric for what seems like eons just waiting for the right design idea.....I always thought there was a cushion hiding in there, but no. Its actually a tote bag.

Just in time for my first Mother's Day this weekend, too.


My present to myself, although the real present is sitting in her "cage" playing with her blocks. Umm, did I say "cage"? I meant "play pen"...as if this place isn't small enough, already. Be warned, people. Have a baby, prepare for the baby junk!

6 comments:

Belinda said...

Beautiful Jade, I love this fabric. But have never brought any...mmm it would look great on a pillow. Now if only superbuzzy would apdate and I can add some of this to my order.

Corrie said...

gorgeous! love the fabric...gets me excited about japan!!!!!!!!

Corrie:)

Anonymous said...

That fabric is gorgeous. It does make a great tote too.

Have a lovely first Mother's Day!

Di said...

The bag is great and the fabric is beautiful! Congratulations on your first mother's day! I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Jade - I have some of that fabric too. Not sure what to do with it - I thought Messenger Bag. Still thinking though.
Have a wonderful first Mothers' Day and try to be thoroughly spoilt. You deserve it!!!

Belinda said...

superbuzzy has finally updated. I think I'm in trouble....