Thursday, October 26, 2006

Scatterbrained

Having a little grubby bub at home usually means I can't focus on one thing at a time, having to always have an ear attuned to her various noises. So I end up forgetting where I was before I was interrupted by her most recent "episode". As a segue from all things bub-related, I'm getting inspiration from children's TV shows at the moment. She's mesmerised by Boohbah, Pocoyo and Pinky Dinky Doo, and I can see why! The colours and shapes are so bright and vibrant, they're just wanting attention.

So back to inspiration - I thought I'd start with circles. Years back when I took up a studio art class to get back into the groove of oil painting, the term's theme was circles. I took it one step further and composed a picture from "circles in nature", choosing whirlpools. This had immense potential in that I could play with colour in the ripples. I just added the diver as the main subject of the art work to provide context to the water.


Above is the finished painting. Anyway, I'm using the circle theme for the next piece and have been playing around with the idea of creating a stained glass/collage effect with overlapping circles to depict a scene. I still need to find the perfect picture. So below is a list of the key effects I want to achieve:

- overlapping circles

- transparent

- collage

- stained glass

- ripples in the glass

- must fuse together to form an image

Must find an image!!! Wish me luck!

{Eventually I might publish all of the art work that I have at home on this blog}

1 comment:

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

Very nice painting. I like the whirlpool concept. I enjoy watching the ripples of rain on water. Very soothing.

r.