Thursday, January 04, 2007

The glavering


Well, that was the original title that I had for this when it was still a drawing in my sketchbook. She's looking at herself in the mirror and seeing for the first time the distorted way she viewed the world around her. We all do this, I'm sure! Hence the old question about the tree that falls in a forest where there is no one to see.........did it really fall?

Anyway I might call this "the purple room" instead or maybe "the ornate mirror".

Note that the shadowing is deliberately not centred. I thought it might be more interesting if the piece wasn't too symmetrical. Also, I just noticed now that her left arm is much too long - must fix this for the next pass.

Been busy finishing up a kitty stuffie for a little girl who's turning two at the end of the month. But I now have to make a trip to the local craft shop to stock up on some more buttons, felt and embroidery floss the finish it.

Looks like the weather over at the SCG is nice and sunny.....its blue skies over here out the window. Perhaps the bub and I might for a walk up the road. Yes, that's a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog and I like it. Happy New Year!

Robert Vandenbego
Madrid, Spain
www.begomadrid.blogspot.com