Thursday, March 08, 2007

In the works

I've been wracking my brains trying to figure out the best design for a bag for my sister. She's a flight attendant and frequently stays overnight in some exotic city overseas. Her minimum requirements were that it had to be medium-sized similar to the hot air balloon tote, can be worn on the shoulder and can be packed up small in her luggage. She wants to use it for her shopping jaunts when she's out of her uniform.

There's this sketched idea..........the strap could be lengthen to go across the chest....


or this sketched soft bag.....

or a larger version of this..........

or maybe a tote that can be carried in the crook of the arm, very ladylike.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions! Perhaps I'll just look at the fabric and try to visualise the actual finished bag....then maybe it'll come to me.

While this conundrum had been running in my head, this ominous scene was happening outside my window.

It reminded me of that scene in the movie "Independence Day".

One last thing....can I say that I love, love, love this apron/tote set. This is one amazing and talented lady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm diggin #1. It's got that mod flight attendant thing happening.

Or is it just the plentiful supply of zippy bits?

Not enough bags have those.